Welcome to the Blog
5 Tips on Booking a Wedding Photographer
As a former bride and a Philadelphia area Wedding Photographer I have a few tips on picking the perfect wedding photographer for your very special day.
1. Determine Your Style- When booking a wedding photographer make sure your style matches their work. Are you a light and airy bride, dark and moody, super candid, more formal, a combination? If you don’t know what some of these things are, take to the internet and get a feel of what editing and posing style speaks to you.
2. Your Vibe- Most couples book their photographer a year out, so you are looking at some serious commitment. Does your photographer make you feel comfortable, are they someone you enjoy being around? You might ask, “why the heck does that matter?” Well, it does. You are going to be with your photographer for engagement pictures, communication throughout the planning process, and let’s not forget the 8, 10, or 12 hours on your wedding day. Your photographer will be there when you are getting ready and have no makeup on, probably no bra, and are just chilling with your bridesmaids. Your photographer is one of the few outside people that get to be a part of the most special day of your life, so you want to make sure you vibe with that person.
3. Communication- Let me tell you, communication is key. Does your potential photographer get back to you quickly, do they answer your questions, provide value, make you feel comfortable about the process? I hope if you answer yes then you swoop that girl/ guy up and book them. Remember you have never done this before, it is their job to make sure you are well educated on the process.
4. Know What is Important to You- A lot of issues arise because the importance of certain moments are not communicated correctly. I suggest taking some time to think about your wedding day, what about the pictures are important to you. Are crazy wild dancing pictures important? Is there a must-have first look with your dad? Are glamorous bridal portraits your thing? Once you figure out what is important to you, then your photographer can help you plan to make sure these things happen.
5. Love Their Work- Last but not least make sure that you love your photographer’s work. Take to Instagram and their website and make sure that these are the type of pictures you want. Can you picture yourself as one of their brides? Ask them for a full gallery so you can see what an entire wedding looks like, not just their highlight reel.
I hope this helps you find your perfect wedding photographer and if you are getting married in Philadelphia or surrounding areas I would love to chat.